I need to get my knee done, but I don’t know what to expect.
This course will cover everything from how to pick surgeon, how to strengthen your body before surgery, what to do/expect 1 day to 1 year post surgery.
The topics covered:
- What is a total knee replacement?
- Do I qualify for a knee replacement?
- Realistic expectations
- What happens during surgery
- Picking a surgeon and scheduling
- Pre-hab exercises
- First day in the hospital
- How to get in/out of bed, the shower, the car
- How to use a walker or cane
- Exercises day 1-365
- Knee flexion stretching ideas
- Knee extension stretching ideas
- Manipulation under anesthesia (MUA)
- Scar tissue
- Stiffness and swelling
- Rest and elevation
…and many more topics.
I want you to feel confident with your decision to have a knee replacement and have all the tools you need to SUCCEED. This is a long journey and this course will help you answer all your questions.
Dr. Samantha Smith PT, DPT